This is a flavorful and fast way to prepare steak filling for fajitas. The yummy flavor comes aromatic ingredients like garlic and gingerroot. There's even a can of cola in the recipe.—Laurie Sadowski, Catharines, Ontario
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cut steak in half lengthwise. In a small bowl, combine the ground ginger, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; rub over steak. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add red and green peppers. Combine the cola, green onions, soy sauce, gingerroot, tomato paste and garlic; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon beef mixture onto tortillas using a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Beef Fajitas in Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups 2009 2009, p19
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zippy Beef Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2012
"I really liked this recipe. I had someone request it from me. I did leave out the red pepper flakes because I didn't have any."