This zesty chili is not only chock-full of ground beef, but it's also loaded with veggies. I put everything in the slow cooker, let it cook and then come home to a delicious, ready-to-eat meal.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) pork and beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Beef Chili in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p110
Reviews for Zippy Beef Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review