- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the butter, zucchini, mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Add the rice, chilies, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Beef Bake
Sort By :
"Love this recipe !! I use yellow, green, and mexican squash in this. Love it with a wild rice mix also, if you want more spice use hot chilis & papper jack cheese. The left overs re-heat wonderful."
"I like this dish a lot. Any thing with green chillis in it is for me."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this casserole. I'll definitely be making it again and will be sharing the recipe with my zucchini-loving friends!"
"Tasty, the zucchini and mushrooms offer an unexpected flavor."
"This is a favorite recipe. I go back to it regularly and there's never any leftovers!"