Zippy Beef Bake Recipe
"With its south-of-the-border flavor, this filling meal-in-one is a family favorite," related Gay Kelley of Tucson, Arizona. "In fact, we like it so much we have it about once a week!"
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the butter, zucchini, mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Add the rice, chilies, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 462 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC