- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup uncooked instant white or brown rice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, jalapeno and salt if desired. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Beans and Rice
"It doesn't get any easier than this. We are trying to eat healthier and this is a great and filling side dish. Even my 6 and 4 year olds ate it as well as the hubby. I used instant brown rice and left out the jalepeno. Also drained a can of corn and added that instead since I didn't have frozen."
"This is an EXCELLENT side to any spanish dish! The whole family loves it, plus it is sooo easy to make!"