- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup uncooked instant white or brown rice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, jalapeno and salt if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Beans and Rice(3)
Sort By :
It doesn't get any easier than this. We are trying to eat healthier and this is a great and filling side dish. Even my 6 and 4 year olds ate it as well as the hubby. I used instant brown rice and left out the jalepeno. Also drained a can of corn and added that instead since I didn't have frozen.
This is an EXCELLENT side to any spanish dish! The whole family loves it, plus it is sooo easy to make!
Cheap, easy, and doesn't taste too bad either! We had no green onions so didn't put any on top. Also quite healthy if you use brown rice.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >