Zippy Beans and Corn Recipe
Onion and hot pepper sauce spark up the flavor of this unique side dish that is shared by Marsha Ransom of South Haven, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add beans and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in vinegar and hot pepper sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 228 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC