Even those who aren't usually fans of dried fruit won't be able to get enough of this this granola. It’s low fat, full of fiber and just plain delicious,” she says.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, oil, orange peel, vanilla and salt; pour over oat mixture and mix well. Spread evenly into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in Ziploc® Brand Containers with Snap ‘n Seal® Lids. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Paradise Granola in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p61
Reviews for Ziploc Paradise Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review