Fried ice cream is a favorite dessert at Mexican restaurants. Now you can make it at home as an impressive finale to your homecooked fiesta.
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place 9 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage Bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls. Drizzle with honey and garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Fried Ice Cream in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ziploc Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review