Cooking with vegetables seems quick and healthy. This meatless soup makes a great dinner with a salad or slice of bread.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in rice; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the broth, peppers, carrots and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in zucchini and tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap 'n Seal Lid. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To serve immediately, cook soup 3-5 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p39
Reviews for Ziploc Garden Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review