The lime flavor in this cool, creamy treat is perfect for hot summer days. The pastel color makes it so pretty whether served in a dish or a cone.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the sugar, limeade and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap ‘n Seal® Lid; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Sherbet in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p61
Reviews for Ziploc Creamy Lime Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review