During December, homes and bakeries in Switzerland are filled with the aroma of classic cookies like these "Zimtsterne." —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
60 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and chocolate. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap;
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Chill and reroll scraps if
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.