During December, homes and bakeries in Switzerland are filled with the aroma of classic cookies like these "Zimtsterne." —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and chocolate. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC