- 1-1/4 pounds pearl onions
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- Meanwhile, cut brussels sprouts in half. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. In a small bowl, combine the flour, allspice, cream and horseradish.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the vegetables, cream mixture and thyme. Cook and stir until cream mixture is thickened and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Winter Vegetables
Sort By :
It was very good but next time, I would cut down on the onions. Maybe to 1 lb. or less. Maybe add a little touch of salt & pepper to taste. But we loved the flavor of the horseradish! It was a very good dish and went well with the beef tenderloin I had also made from this website!
We had this for Thanksgiving, it was terrific, loved the zip of the horseradish!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >