Zesty Veggie Salad Recipe
"This colorful blend of vegetables has been a family favorite for years," tells Buxton, North Carolina cook Gloria Wall. "I like to pair the salad with seafood."
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel and pepper; shake well. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 85 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Zesty Veggie Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC