Zesty Veggie Salad
"This colorful blend of vegetables has been a family favorite for years," tells Buxton, North Carolina cook Gloria Wall. "I like to pair the salad with seafood."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing, vinegar, lemon juice,
- sugar, lemon peel and pepper; shake well. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 85 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.