"This colorful blend of vegetables has been a family favorite for years," tells Buxton, North Carolina cook Gloria Wall. "I like to pair the salad with seafood."
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel and pepper; shake well. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Veggie Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p21
Reviews for Zesty Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review