Cilantro adds oomph wherever it goes. That’s why I use it with ingredients from the fridge for a zesty, refreshing sandwich combo. —Krista Frank, Rhododendron, Oregon
Recommended: 30 Appetizer Recipes Ready in 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 whole pocketless pita breads or flatbreads, warmed
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Spread hummus over pita breads. Top with remaining ingredients; fold pitas to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Veggie Pitas in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Reviews for Zesty Veggie Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review