Zesty Vegetable Salad
"This fresh-tasting medley is a terrific way to use your garden bounty," says Dana Nemecek of Skiatook, Oklahoma. "When people rave about it, I'm almost embarrassed to tell them how easy it is to make."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Add
- dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with
- a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 29 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.