Zesty Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, quartered
- 8 whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup uncooked noodles
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot, bring broth ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs; allow to cool. Skim fat and strain broth; discard vegetables and seasonings. Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; return to broth. Add the first 10 soup ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in noodles. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Zesty Vegetable Beef Soup
Sort By :
"has to be the best soup I ever madeI added 1/2 head cabbage because I love cabbage and everyone loved it...will be making this often"
"This is an excellent soup and reminds me of the way my mom's soup tastes. I would cook the egg noodles seperately next time and add them to the bowls as needed, as they got a bit mushy and didn't hold up well in the leftovers and this soup makes alot of leftovers! Great recipe!"