Zesty Turkey Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- Shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the turkey, zucchini and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, pasta, basil, cumin, pepper and jalapeno if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Zesty Turkey Tomato Soup(4)
Sort By :
I had a pound of ground turkey to use and didn't want to refreeze 3/4 of it so I used it all and just added more of the rest of the ingredients. It came out great and it's very good. It has a slightly spicy after flavor so the "zesty"ness of it isn't overwhelming at all for those who steer clear of spicy food. I made this using gluten free spiral noodles and chicken broth and I will definitely make it again.
I really like this soup. I just made it, and it is still sitting on the stove. I doubled the recipe, and it is excellent. I did not add any jalapeno because it already has great flavor and just enough spice for me without it.
I really liked this soup , But I had to change the pasta to white, as Whole wheat is not good for by kidneys.
I made this for a pot luck at work and everyone really enjoyed. My kids were upset with me for taking it to work so I have to go and get more ing. to make at home.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Soups & Stews for Two >
- Soups, Stews & Chilies Recipes For Two >
- Squash Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup >