Zesty Turkey Chili
For a change from your traditional chili, try this version with turkey. The spices will make it so zippy, you will want to have this on every cool day.—Margareta Thorner, Carlsbad, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add chilies and
- seasonings; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and
- turkey; simmer 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 219 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.