Zesty Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add chilies and seasonings; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and turkey; simmer 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 219 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.