- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a large bowl; stir in oats. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside for basting. Crumble turkey over oat mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with ketchup mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zesty Turkey Burgers
"Delish! I loved them. I was planning to grill them, but the patties seemed so moist that I was afraid to do so. I broiled them instead, and they turned out great!"
"I made this exactly as written except I had 20 oz of ground turkey instead of 16. I found the burgers to be very moist and flavorful, but I think the moisture from all the ingredients made the burgers not hold together well. I will make again, but cut back on the wet ingredients a bit. Very delicious burger!"
"These turkey burgers were sooo good, we just made them for lunch today! Since the turkey I bought was quite lean, we made sure to oil the grill very well and had absolutely no problems with sticking. I also added a teaspoon of salt and upped the red pepper flakes to 1/2 teaspoon plus an additional clove of garlic because we like it spicy. LOVED the grill flavor!"
"The worst recipe I have ever tried from this site. No flavor whatsoever, stuck horribly to the grill. Will never even consider making again,"
"made these awhile ago, husband doesn'tlike turkey, so I froze what I couldn't eat, using release aluminum foil, loved them, thanks, this is the only turkey burger I ever tried. but I was satisfied, thanks again."
"To make this healthier I use extra lean ground white turkey, it cuts the calories in half. We are on Weight Watchers and this is only 3pts, and is very good..."
"Very tasty, my family and I love these burgers!"
"These were delicious!"