My husband and I were watching our weight last summer and we found that this recipe was really easy to make. And it's delicious! -Louise Gilbert of Quesnel, British Columbia
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a large bowl; stir in oats. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside for basting. Crumble turkey over oat mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with ketchup mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Turkey Burgers in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zesty Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review