Zesty Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a large bowl; stir in oats. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside for basting. Crumble turkey over oat mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with ketchup mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zesty Turkey Burgers(9)
Sort By :
Delish! I loved them. I was planning to grill them, but the patties seemed so moist that I was afraid to do so. I broiled them instead, and they turned out great!
I made this exactly as written except I had 20 oz of ground turkey instead of 16. I found the burgers to be very moist and flavorful, but I think the moisture from all the ingredients made the burgers not hold together well. I will make again, but cut back on the wet ingredients a bit. Very delicious burger!
These turkey burgers were sooo good, we just made them for lunch today! Since the turkey I bought was quite lean, we made sure to oil the grill very well and had absolutely no problems with sticking. I also added a teaspoon of salt and upped the red pepper flakes to 1/2 teaspoon plus an additional clove of garlic because we like it spicy. LOVED the grill flavor!
The worst recipe I have ever tried from this site. No flavor whatsoever, stuck horribly to the grill. Will never even consider making again,
made these awhile ago, husband doesn't
like turkey, so I froze what I couldn't eat, using release aluminum foil, loved them, thanks, this is the only turkey burger I ever tried. but I was satisfied, thanks again.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >