I frequently prepare this recipe when my family's asking for turkey and when I don't feel like making a whole bird. It's a nice comforting meal for cool fall evenings.
Featured In: 22 Freezer Meal Recipes
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 to 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 turkey breast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine spices and mix well. Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan; rub with spice mixture. Add broth to pan. Bake at 350° for 2-3 hours or until thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Turkey in Country Woman November/December 1994, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2011
"My husband and in-laws love this. It's certainly worth the time spent marinating it."
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2007
"Sounds like a great recipe."