Zesty Tomato Zucchini Toss
Summer barbecues at our 10-acre spread usually include this tangy salad because it goes so well with grilled met. Everyone loves the flavorI know this for a fact because they always come back for seconds!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, layer tomatoes, zucchini, onion and parsley. Whisk
- together dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables. Chill before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.