- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 taco shells
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare taco shells according to package directions. Stir peas into skillet; heat through. Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture into each taco shell. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Drizzle with salad dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Tacos
Sort By :
"Using black-eyed peas and italian dressing as ingredients for tacos is a great idea! My husband and I really liked this recipe and will put this in our dinner rotation. Thanks!"
"Very tasty twist on a traditional taco.Loved it!"
"Really refreshing with the blackeyed peas & italian dressing. Delicious!"
"This was so good! My teenage son ate five of them!"