Zesty Succotash Recipe
This dish is fun to serve because it's so colorful. The combination of vegetables offers a nice texture contrast, too.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the corn, beans, peas, red pepper and onion in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chili powder, salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Succotash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC