Zesty Succotash Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the corn, beans, peas, red pepper and onion in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chili powder, salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 171 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Zesty Succotash
"I like this recipe because it's so adaptable. You wanna use canned corn, you can. Don't like peas, like i don't? Skip 'em. You don't feel like cutting up a pepper? You don't have to. I used some frozen pepper strips I bought at the local supernarket and they worked great! And using those enables you to expand the palette of the dish, making it even more colorful with the green, yellow, and orange to go with the red.Fine side, good way to get your veggies."