Zesty Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Loosely stuff into peppers.
- 3. Place in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 244 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Zesty Stuffed Peppers
"I added an envelope of meatloaf seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic & basil, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese. I used ground chicken but will use beef next time. I chopped the tops of the peppers and froze them for later use."