Zesty Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Loosely stuff into peppers.
- 3. Place in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 244 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Stuffed Peppers
"I added an envelope of meatloaf seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic & basil, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese. I used ground chicken but will use beef next time. I chopped the tops of the peppers and froze them for later use."