Zesty Stuffed Peppers
"People are pleasantly surprised to find corn in the stuffing of these hearty peppers," confides Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling salted water over
- medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Loosely
- stuff into peppers.
- Place in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains
- and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.