- 6 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Loosely stuff into peppers.
- Place in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p45
Reviews for Zesty Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2016
"I added an envelope of meatloaf seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic & basil, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese. I used ground chicken but will use beef next time. I chopped the tops of the peppers and froze them for later use."