This hearty salad always satisfies my hungry family. For a change of pace, substitute pork loin or poultry for the steak. Southwestern-style dressing or a sour cream-avocado-cheese mix can also be substituted for the salsa as the topping.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Steak Salad in Country Woman July/August 1997, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zesty Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review