Zesty Spinach Salad
The Leafy Greens Council promotes good-for-you spinach with savory salad recipes like this one, which includes crisp radishes and bacon along with a tangy, quick-to-mix dressing.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first
- seven ingredients; mix well. chill. Just before serving, lightly
- toss spinach, radishes, eggs, onion and bacon in a large salad bowl.
- Mix the dressing again; pour over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 165 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.