The Leafy Greens Council promotes good-for-you spinach with savory salad recipes like this one, which includes crisp radishes and bacon along with a tangy, quick-to-mix dressing.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. chill. Just before serving, lightly toss spinach, radishes, eggs, onion and bacon in a large salad bowl. Mix the dressing again; pour over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p45
Reviews for Zesty Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review