With flavors of garlic and basil, this homemade dressing comes together in a snap and adds zest as a side to any main dish.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach and mushrooms. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p8
Reviews for Zesty Spinach Mushroom Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review