Zesty Spinach Dip
I needed something healthy and low in fat to take to a get-together, so I experimented and came up with this dip. It's packed full of flavor and color. Served with assorted veggies, bread or crackers, it's always a hit. People ask for the recipe every time. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 ounce fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Carrot sticks
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with carrot
- sticks. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without carrots) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.