Zesty Snack Mix
Reveals Jeanette Grantstein of Wichita, Kansas, "This crisp snack mix is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and spicy. I've taken it to numerous gatherings. Make a bowlful when the munchies hit."—Jeanette Grantstein, Wichita, Kansas
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, corn chips, peanuts and oats.
- Combine butter and honey; drizzle over cereal mixture. Sprinkle with
- chili powder, salt and oregano; toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, stirring once. Cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 10 cups.