Zesty Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 4 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and crackers. Spread onto two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Bake 225° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 16 cups.
Reviews for Zesty Snack Mix(3)
Sort By :
I increase the oven temperature to 3oo degrees and stir every 15 mins. , by doing this you can cut the baking time down to 1 hr. ( cutting off 1 1/2 hr) It helps a lot , since the length of cooking time was a factor for some trying this recipe. I also used my extra large METAL bread bowl which saved spreading the mix out on cookie sheets. I just put the whole bowl full in the oven and stirred it in there! Much easier to stir too.
This is a big hit w/ the guys at Christmas. I've been making it for for 3 or 4 years now. I just wonder if there is a shortcut, so I don't have to have the oven on for 2 1/2 hours. That is the ONLY downfall for making this mix. Any suggestions??
I kept everything the same except I used oyster crackers for the cheerios. Very quick to mix up and was a big hit with the teens.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Snack Mix >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >