Zesty Sloppy Joes
For a big family gathering, these sandwiches are a hit. I have never served them without getting recipe requests. A fantastic blend of seasonings in a hearty sandwich means no one can eat just one. —Sandy Abrams, Greenville, New York
20-25 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 20 to 25 hamburger buns
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink. Add green pepper. Cook and stir
- for 5 minutes; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium,