Zesty Salt Substitute
Folks on a low-sodium diet will fall for this salt substitute. I usually double the recipe because it beautifully seasons a variety of foods. —Peggy Key, Grant, Alabama
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 5 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container for up to 6 months. Use to season meats or vegetables.
- Yield: about 1/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 teaspoon) equals 10 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.