These burgers are quick and easy to make and are a regular summer main dish at our house. Horseradish add a tasty zip to convenient canned salmon that even people do not care for salmon will be "hooked."—Melanie Dunn, Wilmore, Kansas
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Salmon Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p9
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zesty Salmon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review