Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- Place garlic and red pepper in a food processor. Cover and process until minced. Add vinegar, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and pulse until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process mixture until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, cheese, red onion and eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2008, p35
Reviews for Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review