Zesty Red Potatoes
The crushed red pepper comes through in these zippy potatoes shared by Marilyn Weaver of Sparks, Maryland. "This dish is good with or without the onion," she promises. "Either way, you're not likely to have leftovers."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Arrange potatoes and onion in an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Combine butter, pepper flakes and salt; drizzle over potatoes and
- onion. Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 165 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.