Zesty Red Potato Salad
My husband's family has a lot of cookouts, and this recipe is a hit each time I bring it. It's easy to prepare and looks as good as it tastes.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Cook the potatoes until tender but firm. Drain and cube; place in a
- large bowl. Add the artichokes, chilies, pimientos, peppers, onion,
- basil and salt.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over salad and toss well. Chill for 1 hour before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.