Zesty Potato Soup
Zesty Potato Soup is suggested by Marsha Brenda of Round Rock, Texas, who informs, "This soup has a delightful zip that sparks recipe requests."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion, garlic, salt
- and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Do not
- drain.) Mash potatoes in liquid until almost smooth. Add remaining
- ingredients; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 321 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 946 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.