Zesty Potato Salad
A new, zippy version of the old favorite, this refreshing potato salad is sure to please! Horseradish gives it a delightfully different flavor. Try it for your next family gathering or picnic.
Aney Chatterton, Soda Springs, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/4
- teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20
- minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish,
- parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Stir in the potatoes, eggs,
- bacon and onions. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 357 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.