A new, zippy version of the old favorite, this refreshing potato salad is sure to please! Horseradish gives it a delightfully different flavor. Try it for your next family gathering or picnic. —Aney Chatterton, Soda Springs, Idaho
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Stir in the potatoes, eggs, bacon and onions. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p36
Reviews forZesty Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2015
"If you love horseradish, this is the potato salad for you! Perfect for summer picnics and barbecues too!"