Zesty Potato Pizza Recipe
I originally invented this recipe for the state agriculture department's "Potato Recipe Contest"—and won first place!—Marilyn Stroud, Larsen, Wisconsin
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (12 ounces) SPAM luncheon meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. For crust,in a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Spread potato mixture onto a 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for topping, in a large skillet, cook beef, luncheon meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink: drain Stir in pizza sauce; set aside.
- 4. Remove crust from oven; increase temperature to 400°. Spoon topping mixture evenly over crust to within 1/2-in. of edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 591 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Potato Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC