Zesty Potato Pizza Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (12 ounces) SPAM luncheon meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. For crust,in a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Spread potato mixture onto a 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for topping, in a large skillet, cook beef, luncheon meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink: drain Stir in pizza sauce; set aside.
- 4. Remove crust from oven; increase temperature to 400°. Spoon topping mixture evenly over crust to within 1/2-in. of edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 591 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.