Zesty Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
“I really like to make potato cheese soup from scratch,“ says Karen Pigmon of Corning, California. “But one night we were in a hurry, so I added a few ingredients to a can of potato soup instead. It was so good that now I always keep a few cans on hand…it’s so quick and easy! Serve it in bread bowls, and it’s always a big hit with kids.“
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the potato soup and milk. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Potato Cheese Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p29
Reviews for Zesty Potato Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
"It was a little bland so I added some garlic salt , white pepper, and sour cream to taste. After that, it was very good."
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2011
"Super easy but tastes like it was made from scratch."