Zesty Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
“I really like to make potato cheese soup from scratch,“ says Karen Pigmon of Corning, California. “But one night we were in a hurry, so I added a few ingredients to a can of potato soup instead. It was so good that now I always keep a few cans on hand…it’s so quick and easy! Serve it in bread bowls, and it’s always a big hit with kids.“
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potato soup and milk. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,113 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC