Zesty Pork Medallions Recipe
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for dipping; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm reserved marinade; serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 171 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Zesty Pork Medallions
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.