Zesty Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and olives. Sprinkle with garlic, basil and oregano.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 251 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.